Listed here is a proven solution to easily start your own personal local news website. The options for-profits are unlimited. You will be a favorite person in your community, a leader, and a known mover and shaker. Additionally, your news site costs you less than a weekend on the town.
Your news site will undoubtedly be nothing more than a couple of short news stories anyone can write themselves, a couple of photos, and some simple homemade videos on YouTube.
That’s all you need.
In this information, I’m going to exhibit you how to create your news site. But first, I’d like to let you know why NOW is an ideal time for you to start.
The news business is HUGE. Newspapers used to suck up 80 percent of the advertising dollars in virtually any city, leaving the crumbs to TV and radio. The news industry was a cushy world for a long time. I worked in the news biz for 20 years, so I speak from experience.
But Then Two Very Awful Things Happened
1. The Internet came along and Google Ads started grabbing millions in ad dollars. Big companies learned they may get results faster and cheaper with pay-per-click than with expensive newspaper ads.
2. The Great Recession dried up revenues and city newspapers with each of their a huge selection of employees and expensive facilities starting going belly up. The news “depression” were only available in 2006 and continues to have worse.
Today many towns and cities simply don’t have much of a newspaper anymore. They’ve reduced staffs, much less news, and their websites mostly pull in news from out-of-town services. It seems like news, but it isn’t crucial to local residents. To produce matters worse, simple newz TV and radio largely “borrow” their news from newspapers.
Here Comes Your Opportunity
Where there’s trouble, there’s increased opportunity. Big expensive news organizations are increasingly being replaced by really small categories of people, sometimes as small as one person.
A solo operator, working alone or with a couple of helpers, can turn out a good news product at amazingly low cost. That leaves lots of room for profits.
There is sufficient of room for a great news website that reports positive stories, interesting happenings, and helps promote local business.
How to Create Your Own News Site in 6 Simple Steps
1. Get yourself a domain name that features your city or area’s name.
2. Create a clean, fast-loading website with a column for a small business story, a heart column for a nearby news story, and another side column for society and school news.
3. In the bottom of the page, include several videos you made and posted on YouTube. These could be short, simple videos of local places and happenings. People LOVE to locate videos of local places on YouTube. Be sure to write a subject, description, and keywords that include the name of your city, where your video took place, and even names of men and women in the video.
4. Update your news website once each week or two. Save the old news page in a folder for “recent news.” Link to your old news from your home page. Be determined and keep adding news. The more and longer you post, the more results you’ll get.
5. Mention just as numerous local names and places as you can. The very first thing any person puts into a search engine is their particular name.
6. Have a link or banner that goes to your advertising site or page. Offer to incorporate a story on a nearby business along with a YouTube video, and perform the service for a fee. That is where you can make most of your money. As you obtain known around town as the news person, all sorts of possibilities for profit will materialize.